The world we currently live in has drastically changed over the past year & a half, filled with constant adjustment & uncertainty, and while things are starting to get back to normal, we now more than ever realized the importance of self-care, a sense of routine, & finding your passion. For us, DIAMOND DOTZ® has allowed us to discover just that.
You may be thinking to yourself, “How? It’s just a craft.”, but DIAMOND DOTZ® is so much more. Let us explain!
We believe one of the main factors of achieving happiness starts with taking time for yourself. If you don’t, who will?! This is a form of self-care and allows you to reflect, step away from the worries of the world, and truly discover yourself. When you choose DIAMOND DOTZ® you are choosing to take this time. While the motion of dotting is mindless itself, each dot placed creates a therapeutic feeling. From selecting a design that makes YOU happy, to spending time dotting & reflecting, to seeing your final masterpiece you created all on your own, the entire process is healing.
Not only do we need time to for self-care, but human beings are also proven to do better when they have a sense of routine. According to Northwestern Medicine, many people who lack a routine suffer from the following:
- Stress. No routine often means having the constant worry of “when will I get it all done.”
- Poor sleep. Without a daily routine at work and/or home, you may find yourself playing catch-up with yesterday’s to-do list. If you’re always behind on what should have been done the day before, you’re likely also staying awake worrying about what didn’t.
- Poor eating. Unhealthy diets (like eating lots of fast food) become the norm if there isn’t time scheduled for grocery shopping. Quick, unhealthy substitutes become the next best food option.
- Poor physical condition. Working out usually requires some advance planning.
- Ineffective use of time. Often, no routine means you simply run out of time, leaving things undone and not making the most of your time.
When the world seems to be anything but routine, we use DIAMOND DOTZ® to create that for ourselves, and we recommend you do too! By lotting a certain amount of our time each day to work on a DIAMOND DOTZ® project (this can be anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour or more, whatever works for you) you may be able to counter the negative effects of not having a routine. Many people allow themselves a few minutes in the morning to destress, then effectively plan out their day & use their time well knowing that they will reward themselves with some well-deserved “me-time” to unwind at the end of the day. We believe consistency is key and creates calmness.
While DIAMOND DOTZ® is our passion, it may or may not be yours and that’s okay! However, when you choose DIAMOND DOTZ® and allow yourself to truly reflect you are giving yourself the chance to think about what does make you happy and what you truly are passionate about. What more could you ask for?!
As you can see, DIAMOND DOTZ® is much more than just a craft and we hope everyone gets to enjoy the benefits!